Citizens of South Africa who wish to immigrate to Austria must take into account the required formalities, including visa-related aspects. There are different types of visas, depending on the length of stay, and a lawyer in Austria can explain all these details. Our expert can also deal with visa formalities and residence permits for Austria in terms of paperwork.Find out in this article what are the steps to follow if you want to relocate to Austria from South Africa.
Move to Austria from South Africa – what kind of visa is required
According to Immigration Law in Austria, citizens of African countries must apply for a visa. If the stay does not exceed 3 months, then they can apply for an Austrian Schengen visa or C-type visa, which involves the following:
- The passport must be valid for at least 3 months to apply for this type of visa.
- The authorities provide a form that must contain the required personal data, plus other important information.
- Two passport-size photos are part of the application for this visa.
- Detailed trip itinerary mentioned by a cover letter is solicited.
- Schengen travel insurance to cover medical emergencies of at least EUR 30,000 is needed.
- Details of marital status are required by the authorities, as well as information on financial means necessary to stay in Austria.
- Information on accommodation in Austria is also required.
- South African citizens who have accepted a job in Austria must submit their employment contract and current bank statements for the past 6 months. We are here to help you immigrate to Austria from South Africa.
These are some of the most important formalities related to applying for a Schengen visa for Austria. In the case of minors, it is necessary for them to prepare a copy of the birth certificate, the parents’ documents, and their written consent regarding the trip to Austria. Those interested in how to immigrate to Austria from South Africa should contact our lawyers in Austria. They can prepare the documents and apply for the necessary visa.
Visa to stay in Austria for a period of 6 months
National D visa is the type of visa required for stays longer than 3 months, but not exceeding 6 months. African citizens who want to study in Austria or those who relocate to Austria for business purposes are required to apply for this type of visa. There are special advantages to obtaining this visa, and among them, the possibility to travel without restrictions in the countries part of the Schengen Area. Plus, one must also apply for Austrian residence permit, required for prolonged stays in this country. Let us help you immigrate to Austria from South Africa.
As in the case of the C-type visa, the formalities also involve the presentation of health insurance to cover medical problems. In addition, it is important to note that the authorities may require a complete set of tests to show that you do not suffer from a contagious disease. We invite you to talk to our Austrian lawyers if you would like more information on how to relocate to Austria from South Africa.
We invite you to contact our immigration lawyers if you want to obtain citizenship in Austria. You can make investments to obtain this status faster or you can apply for citizenship by marriage if you are married to an Austrian citizen. Whatever your choice, we recommend the services of our law office to simplify things from a legal point of view.
Schengen student visa formalities for Austria
If you want to immigrate to Austria from South Africa for study purposes it is necessary to present other documents and information besides the standard ones we mentioned for the Schengen visa. In this situation, the immigration authorities ask for a “no objection letter” signed by the Austrian educational institution where you will attend the respective courses. It is also necessary to present enrollment certificates containing information about the college or faculty chosen for studies in Austria.
The formalities are quite simple, but for a quick visa process to enter Austria, it is recommended that you seek specialized help from our lawyers. We are here to help you move to Austria from South Africa and eliminate document issues that could lead to your application being rejected.
Reasons to immigrate to Austria
It is well known that Austria offers very good living conditions compared to other states, and Vienna is the favorite city for immigrants looking for new opportunities. Foreign investors who want to expand their portfolio and develop different businesses also benefit from a secure and stable business environment. And to get an idea of the country’s economy and its direction, let’s review the following statistics:
- Austria has been ranked 27th out of 190 economies in the world in terms of optimal business conditions and a stable climate for development by the 2020 Doing Business report.
- Germany, the USA, Russia, Switzerland, and Italy are among the largest foreign investors in Austria.
- About USD 194 billion was the total FDI for Austria in 2020.
Would you like to know more about how to immigrate to Austria from south Africa? Please contact our law firm in Austria and see how you can be helped from a legal point of view.