Russian citizens wishing to immigrate to Austria from Russia must consider visa and residence permit formalities. Find out from our immigration lawyers in Austria what are the steps for relocation from Russia. Our specialists can handle the documents required by the authorities, plus, they can help Russians start a business in this country.
How to obtain a visa for Austria
Because Austria is part of the Schengen Area, Russian citizens must apply for a Schengen visa. This can be for tourism, visitor, medical, study, business, or transit visas. Let’s review some of the formalities:
- The passport must be valid for at least 3 months in order to enter Austria.
- The Visa application form requires complete information about Russian citizens applying for a visa.
- The cover letter must include information about the purpose and duration of the visit to Austria.
- A health insurance of at least EUR 30,000 is required by the immigration authorities.
- The travel documents will be presented, implicitly the return plane ticket, if the stay does not last more than 3 months.
- It is also necessary to have information about the domicile in Austria, but also about sufficient funds to cover the entire stay in this country.
- If you accept a job in Austria, you need to present the contract signed with the employer.
Therefore, these are some of the formalities that need to be considered in order to obtain a Schengen visa for Austria. You can find out more about how to immigrate to Austria from Russia from our lawyers.
Have you decided to apply for residency in Austria? Our advice is to contact one of our lawyers and benefit from legal advice in this endeavor. Candidates can also apply for family members. We mention that after 5 years of temporary residence permit you can apply for the permanent one, but here you also need to prepare the integration agreement. Therefore, call our specialists and discover the legal services offered.
Can seniors retire to Austria from Russia?
Of course, Russian citizens who want to retire and live in Austria can do so by applying for a visa first. In addition, proof of pension will be needed for the last 6 months, and here some bank statements will help. All our Austrian lawyers can handle such formalities. So, do not hesitate to talk to us if you want more information about how to move to Austria from Russia.
Getting a residence permit in Austria
The Red-White-Red Card is valid for 2 years and can be issued to Russian citizens who want to work and live in Austria. There are certain criteria underlying the issuance of residence permits of this kind. For example, highly qualified workers, as well as skilled workers or start-up founders, can benefit from this type of residence permit for Austria.
As for the formalities, the applicants must prove a stable monthly income to cover the daily expenses, have health insurance, a home, and a clear criminal record. You can discuss more about how to immigrate to Austria from Russia with one of our lawyers.
Why immigrate to Austria?
The quality of life and the optimal conditions for business development are among the first advantages enjoyed by foreigners relocating to Austria. The country is known for the excellent conditions it offers, either to live or to work or develop various activities.
Here are some details about costs and expenses in Vienna, the capital of Austria:
- A family of 4 can live decently in Vienna for about EUR 2,800 a month.
- Around EUR 800 is required for a person to live in the Austrian capital, regardless of rent.
- The monthly cost of public transport reaches somewhere around EUR 48.
- Expenses with monthly utilities can reach and even exceed the amount of EUR 185.
- The monthly rent for a studio in Vienna is around EUR 880.
- Around EUR 2,170 is the average monthly net salary after taxes.
Want more details on how to immigrate to Austria from Russia? Please contact our law firm in Austria and discover the legal services our specialists can offer.